We participate with many medical insurance companies. But due to the changing nature of health care insurance we recommend that you call your carrier prior to your visit to confirm that Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery Group of Northern Virginia is in its network.
Your insurance may require that a copay be paid at the time of your office visit. Portions of the bill may not be paid by your insurance. Our billing service will submit your claim to your insurance company. After all insurance obligations have been paid, you will receive an invoice for the remaining balance. This balance is your responsibility to pay. Invoices are due in full on receipt.
Payment options: to pay by credit/debit card - Call our payment processing center at 800-660-4884; go to the secure payment portal on this website, or call our office.
If you are covered by an HMO, your insurance requires you to have a referral from your primary care physician sent to our office for all visits to one of our doctors. Because we are specialists, your insurance does not allow us see you without a referral.
Patients without insurance coverage are requested to pay for services when rendered. We accept cash, checks, credit/debit cards, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay
Some of the insurance companies with which we participate:
- Aetna (all plans including Aetna Medicare)
- Anthem PPO, Anthem BCBS PPO
- Bluecross/Blueshield (all plans)
- Cigna (HMO, OA, OA+, POS, PPO)
- First Health Network
- Great West
- Health Link
- Mail Handler Benefits
- Mutual of Omaha
- PHCS (Private Health Care System)
- Tricare (Administered by Humana)
Out-of-network companies requiring full payment at the time of your visit
- Aetna Better Health
- Anthem Healthkeepers
- Cigna Connect
- Tricare USFHP (US Family Health Plan)
- UHC (United Health Care)
- *UHC with Multiplan- we can submit your claim but there will be a balance for which you are responsible. All other UHC plans are out-of -network.